- Creating new content across social media platforms
- Uploading videos, images, downloads, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team.
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability to create and upload content using Twitter, SoundCloud, YouTube, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope and Snapchat (minor video editing skills are a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design and visual
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred – how to use wordpress, twitter and tumblr.
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to write Facebook and Tumblr posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh, fun ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
Application Requirements: If applicant has experience doing social media for school organizations, other internships, etc., please submit examples of this work in addition to a resume and application form.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.