The WXPN Major Gifts Officer will oversee all fund raising programs and activities aimed at increasing the number of major donors and major gifts ($1500+) from individuals, foundations, and government sources. This officer will manage a comprehensive major gifts program. S/he will also oversee all government and foundation funding initiatives and activities, write and submit grant applications. He or she will develop strategies and build, and maintain relationships inside and outside of the station to maximize the value of WXPN to its listeners and contributors, and to convert that value into financial support.
This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Research and identify major donor prospects. Track activities and gifts. Solicit major annual gifts
- Work collaboratively with management staff to identify special projects for major funding. Create goals and strategies, formulate prospect lists, and solicit gifts. Set goals and strategies for and implement plans to incorporate annual giving requests into special requests.
- Identify government and foundation funding opportunities. Write and submit grants
- Design and coordinate major donor events and gatherings
- Serve as liaison to the station's policy board. Communicate with board members regarding their involvement, expectations and general communication about the station. Coordinate fundraising solicitations of board members
- Create goals and procedures to increase number of donors at $1500+ levels
BA/BS required. At least 3-5 years of significant and successful fundraising experience required. Candidates must be familiar with a wide variety of fundraising techniques, and have a solid understanding of the infrastructure, resources and tools necessary to implement fundraising programs. Experience stewarding donors and executing donor events a plus. Experience soliciting large contributions from individuals or businesses is required. Interest in and/or knowledge of contemporary popular music will be very helpful. The ability to think strategically, and to be creative and flexible is essential. Excellent writing ability as well as organizational, planning and communication skills are required. Experience with moves management strategy and CRM systems required. Salesforce experience preferred. In addition to strong public speaking skills, candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to represent WXPN effectively and form strong relationships with a wide variety of groups including listeners, donors, and community, government and business leaders. The ability to reliably manage a significant work load under pressure and to meet tight deadlines is required. Must be able to work some weeknights and weekends for events.
Send this job to a friend: https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/29150
Reference No.: 81-26139
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt, 9am - 5:30pm.
How To Apply
Formal application for this position MUST be made through the University of Pennsylvania Online Employment System on the https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu website. When you "search open positions" enter the job reference no., and click on "search."
Deadline for Applications: July 10, 2017
No phone calls, please.
The University of Pennsylvania is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.